1. Introduction: Protecting personal information is a core Orange Travel Ltd (trading as SMS Travel) value. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website. It also describes the choices available to you regarding the use of your personal information and the steps you can take to access this information and to request that we correct or delete it. SMS Travel abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
2. Information Collection: Most websites gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data. They may use this information, which does not identify individual visitors, to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track visitors’ movements around the site and to gather information about the geographic location of our visitors as a whole. We do not collect any such information from our visitors. Additionally, if the user chooses to submit such information, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) about our users. This information may include name and/or e-mail address, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
3. Cookies: A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
4. Sharing of Information: Other than for the limited circumstances below, none of the information detailed above is disseminated, shared, sold, or provided to a third party. We may share PII and other data with other companies or entities in the following limited circumstances:
We provide such information to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of processing PII on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of PII is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable legal agreements between us, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Saqsi.com, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
5. Information Security: We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to PII to SMS Travel Ltd employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
6. Data Integrity: SMS Travel processes PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
7. Accessing and Updating Personal Information: When you use SMS Travel services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your PII and either to correct this data, if it is inaccurate, or to delete such data at your request, if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.